What's new

Packet Duplication

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dinglestains

New Around Here
I have the latest version (v384.5) of the Merlin firmware running on a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. I want to setup some type of "port mirroring" or iptables rules that copy packets from one device on my network and send them to another. I've tried the two rules below, but it seems those rules are missing some packets or changing something in the packets. Anyone have a suggestion?

iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -s 192.168.128.40 -j ROUTE --gw 192.168.128.108 --tee
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -d 192.168.128.40 -j ROUTE --gw 192.168.128.108 --tee

Thanks in advance.

This is not possible because the traffic never leaves the switch, it is not routed. Therefore the router never "sees" the packets.

I suppose it might be possible (by messing about with ebtables) if the source and destination are on different interfaces, i.e. LAN port #1 and 2.4GHz WiFi, or LAN port#3 and 5GHz WiFi.