What's new

Parental control bug

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaveMishSr

Very Senior Member
I have run across a bug in version 3.0.0.4.220.18b. If I edit an entry in the parental control tables for access on weekends the following happens:
1) The entry for Saturday disappears and,
2) The entry for Sunday mirrors the Saturday entry plus allowing access from midnight through the start time of the edited entry.
have tried reflashing, erasing the NVRAM and manually rebuilding my configuration without success.

I had the same problem, I ended up going back to version 3.00.4.188

Re-flashing to 3.0.0.4.208 fixed it also.

where is the firmware 3.0.0.4.208. I dont see that one on the asus web site

where is the firmware 3.0.0.4.208. I dont see that one on the asus web site

Build 208 was a beta version only available to those who were betatesting AiCloud.

Build 208 was a beta version only available to those who were betatesting AiCloud.
Sorry about that. Version 208 is not available on the public site. I have flashed up to 3.0.0.4.220 and it is still fixed. Tomorrow I will flash Merlin's first 220 build and see what happens.

Sorry about that. Version 208 is not available on the public site. I have flashed up to 3.0.0.4.220 and it is still fixed. Tomorrow I will flash Merlin's first 220 build and see what happens.
After sequentially flashing this morning I have Merlin's latest build running with no discernible problems in the Parental Control settings. The 3.0.0.4.220.18b version is running without any issues so I would say it is fixed. My solution was to reflash to version 208, a beta version available for AiCloud beta testers. I erased the NVRAM via telnet and immediately restored my saved configuration file. From there I advanced to the stock version 220. Today I flashed Merlin's first 220 build and went up to 18b from there. As I said, no apparent issues with editing entries in Parental Controls.