What's new

Parental Control Scheduler no longer as flexible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pkh71

New Around Here
Hi guys I'm new here so bear with me.

I have the Asus RT-AC86U and have been stuck using Merlin Firmware 384.19 because of the change to the time scheduler.

I used to be able to set the scheduler on and off at different times during the day, this is no longer possible as it can only be set once per day.

I've attached photos of the before and after. Is there any way to change the scheduler to as it was before?

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• after.JPG
    after.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 89
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 86
Just click the plus icon to add another time window for the same days (e.g. M-F).
1626661912631.png

if you need good parental control you should use Synology router. https://www.synology.com/en-global/srm/feature/device_content_control
it looks that it is time consuming and most of router manufacturers do nothing with it. Synology have the best feature on market and you can set not only from 4-6pm internet access but for example that child will have access for 2h15minutes to internet (does not matter what time it start/finish) on each day separately.
And it will work in bridge mode what mean you can connect Synology router with your Asus one if you want. All routing can be used via Asus and you can use RMerlin soft.

if you need good parental control you should use Synology router. https://www.synology.com/en-global/srm/feature/device_content_control
it looks that it is time consuming and most of router manufacturers do nothing with it. Synology have the best feature on market and you can set not only from 4-6pm internet access but for example that child will have access for 2h15minutes to internet (does not matter what time it start/finish) on each day separately.
And it will work in bridge mode what mean you can connect Synology router with your Asus one if you want. All routing can be used via Asus and you can use RMerlin soft.
Thanks for that, will look into it.