What's new

Parental control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sebastien Bougie

Regular Contributor
Hello

Is there a way to completly disconnect certains devices from the entire network? Not only cutting off the internet but also the interanet? And make this Automatic

Thanks

For wired devices - no.

For wireless devices....... possibly. Maybe by putting them on a dedicated Guest Network.

Change the WiFi password. :)

You can always change it back. :)

As @ColinTaylor stated, use a Guest network with limited (internet only) access and then turn it on/off as needed.

I've never found any great way to control this with my Asus routers over the years, and any type of attempts have created problems on the router for stability, or sometimes are broken on firmware updates. I've resorted to using a fing box on the network and it's been a game changer! My teens are more technical than most and know how to MAC spoof for example, but lock down the network with fing and you now control when a device can connect, pause internet for a few hours, block new devices etc. It's simple and just works!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

At $99, that is not a solution, IMO. :)

Easier to change password/disable Guest network. :)

I got mine used on ebay for $55 shipped.

I'd probably spend more than that for a 60 minute dinner out with the wife. For sure at the liquor store! Depends how you value your time,,, $30/hour or whatever searching forums and hacking routers. :) Perspective...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I'd never use eBay either. :)

Glad it seems worth it to you. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!