What's new

Partner mesh router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

superloopy

New Around Here
No idea what i am doing here but i have purchased an ASUS AX88 PRO router toreplace my AC86U and now need a decent paartner router to enable me to extend across my 4 bedroomed house as wifi keeps dropping at the far reaches. Not sure whether i NEED another AX router or whether my AC router will do the job just fine but, in fora penny in for a pound as they say, i want a decent compatible router which hopefully wont give me too many problems. Any recommendations appreciated.

If your AC86U is still working good, you can use it. If you want another AX router, maybe look at a AX86S.

Since you've already got the AC86U, it seems kinda silly not to try it and see if it'll get the job done.

If it doesn't ... there's a fair amount of lore that AIMesh works best with similar routers. If you don't want to spring for another AX88U Pro, maybe the regular AX88U? Or AX86-something, but definitely go for an AX model if you have trouble with the AC unit.

Agree. I think you can try your AC86U first.
If it doesn't work as expected, then find another AX model like AX86U, AX88U, etc