What's new

pc engines APU2, bonding VDSL2 RJ11 dual lines

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eleVator

Regular Contributor
Hi,

currently i am running latest merlin on my RT-AC86U behind the ISP Modem in bridge mode, which is also doing bonding of 2 DSL lines. Two RJ11 sockets on the Wall and the wire ends up as one RJ11 in the ISP Modem.

I want to get rid of the ISP Modem and i was given settings howto to setup my own Modem with Bonding by the ISP.
The RT-AC86U has no Modem therefore i am out here looking for Shopping and configuration options.

Currently stuck at understanding how to accomplish this with an APU2 Board (coreboot!) from https://www.pcengines.ch , i did write to their support and i am still waiting on a response.

Are any RJ11 Lightning surge protectors actually working (ISP replaced a fried Modem once) or will they conflict with the Bonding setup.

Web search results on miniPCIe Modem cards, not to mention that the card would need to be able to do the dsl bonding, resulted in null, therefore i might be thinking wrong, please help me understand.

Got a reply from pc engines support, the Heat would be a Problem next to there is no room except for a SPF solution but i got no details on that.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!