What's new

PCE-AX58bt card is slower than old AC68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tomasz kos

New Around Here
I just bought the PCE-AX58bt network card. I installed the card and the latest Intel drivers (21.90.3.2). And I have a problem - the new ax58 is slower than the previous PCE-AC68.

AX58bt - 208 Mb
AC68 - 282 Mb

Both cards are in the same place (first floor - router on the ground floor). Both cards are even in the same computer.

Router is ax88u (settings on screenshots).

Does anyone have any ideas why?

Attachments

• 5Ghzset.PNG
    5Ghzset.PNG
    184.3 KB · Views: 347
  • 5ghzProf.PNG
    5ghzProf.PNG
    326.5 KB · Views: 337
Try re-enabling MIMO and ax beamforming.

And make sure multicast rate is set to OFDM 54 and your modulation scheme is set to MCS 11 (NitroQAM/1024QAM) and Smart Connect Disabled. Just a shot in the dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the card drivers (and likely the router AX drivers too) have a way to go before they will show real and consistent AX improvements.

I've seen similar behaviors with two of those cards and both the AX88U and GT-AX11000.

The PCE-AC68 is 3x3, the PCE-AX58 is only 2x2. So in most situations, the PCE-AC68 will be faster.

Thank you for all yours hints. I did it all. I'm not sure but I have the impression that turning on 160 Hz on the router also helped.
Now I have 385 Gb on ax58bt :)

One more question - it looks like I should buy PCE-AC88 with 4x4 MU-MIMO for the best performance with AX88u? It shoud be better that ax58bt with 2x2?

Thank you for all yours hints. I did it all. I'm not sure but I have the impression that turning on 160 Hz on the router also helped.
Now I have 385 Gb on ax58bt :)

160 MHz may add another 20-30% to your performance, depending on how crowded your area is.

One more question - it looks like I should buy PCE-AC88 with 4x4 MU-MIMO for the best performance with AX88u? It shoud be better that ax58bt with 2x2?

That's correct. AX really benefits mostly if you have many AX clients at once. For a single client, AC 4x4 will beat AX 2x2.

@thiggins do you have any article comparing performances between 2-stream and 4-stream clients, or ax vs ac clients?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!