What's new

Pendoo X12 Pro Slow WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

W3Wilkes

Regular Contributor
I have a TV box that seems to be very slow compared to other devices on my WiFi network. The box is a Pendoo X12 Pro running Android 10. This device is only able to achieve about 12Mbps while other devices on my 5Ghz band can get 200+Mbps. The screen snip attached implies that the device should be able to get faster than the 12Mbps or I don't understand what the RX / TX columns mean. My RT-AX86U is running the latest stock firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45934. I've tried disabling AX and some other things, but the box stays slow. Any ideas out there??
RT-AX86U - Pendoo.jpg

Try connecting it to the 5GHz band instead.

Try connecting it to the 5GHz band instead.

Looking at his screen shot... he is.

Looks like it might be a single stream 802.11n radio, hence the 65 mbit/sec data rate reported...

I would suggest trying it over ethernet and see if that makes a difference

Thanks, @sfx2000, I did miss that 5GHz label in the image above.

Thanx for the replies. The speed is the same on 2.4 as it is on 5Ghz, SLOW 12Mbps. I've loaded up RMerlin 386.4 Beta3 and it's the same. Sorry, no way to test ethernet, but it's stated at 10/100 (I'm surprised it's not Gbit).

With the router showing 65/65 TX/RX is this the speed the router sees between itself (router) and the TV box? I've seen TX flucuate down to 58 and come back up while streaming. If this is true then why does speedtest.net just show 12Mbps?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!