What's new

Peplink Balance 20X behind AT&T BGW210

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Miguel Santa

Occasional Visitor
I have AT&T fiber 1000Mbps with a BGW-210 RG in a network closet in the laundry room in the front of the house. On the second floor in my office, I have an ASUS GT-AX110000 router in passthrough mode with its firewall on. I have an AP connected to the AT&T RG on the first floor with the BGW210 firewall on. I would like to place a Peplink Balance 20X behind the BGW210 and connect all my devices to the Peplink firewall(including my ASUS router, with its firewall turned off so that all my devices in the house would go through only one firewall(Peplink). Is this idea something that can be done? Will it make my home network more secure and stable? The BGW210's firewall is very simple and doesn't give you many options and I want a firewall that can give me more options and is more robust. I have a lot of devices around my house and need them to be secured. Any input and feedback will be deeply appreciated. If you don't think the Peplink is a good router for home/business use, can you recommend other models and/or devices? Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!