Periodic Rebooting RT-AC86U?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

JT Strickland

Is it healthy to reboot every week or so, even given the tendency of the RT-AC86U to shut off occasionally? I searched here but didn't find anything conclusive.

It does seem to help to clean it up and start over, and sometimes is the only way to fix something.

What say ye?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
As a habit? No.

As a temporary method to keep the network running? Yes.

Ideally, if it is needed, the fix is not to regularly reboot. Find the core issues instead.

MarkyPancake

Is it healthy to reboot every week or so, even given the tendency of the RT-AC86U to shut off occasionally?
If your AC86U randomly shuts down, then it sounds like there's a fault somewhere. My 2017 model has never shut down of its own accord and has always remained powered up, unless I switch it off myself or a power cut was to occur.

JT Strickland

If your AC86U randomly shuts down, then it sounds like there's a fault somewhere. My 2017 model has never shut down of its own accord and has always remained powered up, unless I switch it off myself or a power cut was to occur.
Mine has, and I am not alone. There is a thread several pages long of others that have also, but you probably can't reply to it, they cut that out. At leaast they are there to read.
I am told it is a defect in the 86U.

It doesn't shut down randomly, just shuts off during reboot on occasion.