What's new

[pfSense] - 2.3.4 released 04 May 2017

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I upgraded to 2.3.4. It went smoothly. A couple of folks are having trouble logging back in to the GUI after the upgrade.

I wanted the NTPD update since my network time runs off it.

Last edited:
I upgraded to 2.3.4. It went smoothly. A couple of folks are having trouble logging back in to the GUI after the upgrade.

Yeah, I think this might be due to the changes in the certificate handling code and old data in the browser...

Note for folks - since 2.3.4 is a kernel update, it will involve a reboot, so for folks on small/medium business deployments, probably wise to schedule a maintenance time window so to not impact production usage of the network.

Yeah, I think this might be due to the changes in the certificate handling code and old data in the browser...

Note for folks - since 2.3.4 is a kernel update, it will involve a reboot, so for folks on small/medium business deployments, probably wise to schedule a maintenance time window so to not impact production usage of the network.
Thanks for the warning. I will make the update sometime this weekend and let you all know how it goes.

Smooth upgrade here without issues

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

My upgrade was also a non event. No issues experienced.

My upgrade was also a non event. No issues experienced.

Same here - but I'm also on Netgate HW and a vanilla pfSense software config - was pretty clean on the update, but it was a reboot...

Seems like the nanoBSD and small footprint devices had the most problems, compact flash and x86 32-bit machines that might have been in use for a while... along with some folks with extended packages (which is always a problem) and advanced configurations outside of the norm..