What's new

[pfSense] Netgate - something is coming soon...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Saw this over on Reddit - posted Saturday (4/29/17)....

(Netgate/ADI is the OEM for pfSense logo'ed boxes)

My best guess at the moment for this box (seen below) - MinnowBoard Turbot Dual-E

http://www.adiengineering.com/products/minnowboard-turbot-duale/
  • Dual Ethernet MinnowBoard for developers, makers, and OEMs
  • CPU Options: E3826 1.46 GHz Dual Core, E3845 1.91 GHz Quad Core
  • 2x Intel i211 Ethernet ports
  • M.2 slot for SSD, Wi-Fi, or LTE, with Micro-SIM socket
  • FCC and CE certified, OEM production quality
  • Open-source under Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0
the E3826/E3845 chips - silvermont (22nm), no QAT, but does have Intel DPDK support, which is a win...

(those who have SG-2220/2440 - no big deal, this one slots below those models, and above the ARM based SG-1000)

Not sure where the pricing will be - Netgate is always a bit spendy, but very high quality boards...

Lt9i_GyfECz0EptJnOfWNTFe29ZxlfIC55LTewSknBQ.png
dwkEBw4.png

Last edited:
BTW - ADI/Netgate/pfSense - they've got Armada 38x up and running as well - so the pfSense ARM port is moving along nicely...

C94v7yQUwAEJZrC.png-large.png
C94iJvJUAAANQAJ.png-large.png

If this box can push 1gbps at 64 byte packets, what your box SG-2440 is capable of? Adding QoS on top, what'll be the throughput on both?

If this box can push 1gbps at 64 byte packets, what your box SG-2440 is capable of? Adding QoS on top, what'll be the throughput on both?

Considering the following...
  • CPU Options: E3826 1.46 GHz Dual Core, E3845 1.91 GHz Quad Core
  • 2x Intel i211 Ethernet ports
Rangeley likely pushes more - mostly because of the i354 embedded in the chip itself... it's a pure comms chip...

The Baytrail E-Series are an odd-duck for many - similar to J/N/Z, but their own mix of the action.. it's mostly about I/O and features...

And for what it's worth - throughput vs. capacity - these are two different things... just depends on use-cases...

SG-2440's are well documented for high usage/capacity - and are appropriate for 500Mbp/Sec links...

Last edited: