What's new

Physically disabling radios in comcast/xfinity Cisco Model DPC3941T

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan-H

Regular Contributor
is there a way to physically disable the radios in a Cisco Model : PC3941T ?

I'd prefer it not be permanent, but I might go there.

I have been chasing a wifi performance issue that cropped up recently, and come to find that again, comcast has enabled xfinitywifi on my comcast supplied voice-gateway/router/wifi/swissarmyknife without asking me, and whatever was recently done is also leaving the radio run after xfinitywifi has been disabled.

All shows to be disabled, the voicegateway is back into bridge mode but the signal keeps showing up.

I verified it was coming from the voice gateway by disabling all the radios on my home routers, and then powering off the voice gateway. Boom/gone. Power the voicegateway up and there is the signal again.

Their tech support is clueless, and the tier 2 I spoke with only seemed to know how to hide the SID.

I'm supposed to get a callback from someone more knowledgeable. We'll see.

So, if I open the case up, is there an antenna that is easy to disconnect?

Model : PC3941T
Vendor:Cisco
Hardware Revision:1.0
Serial Number:28xxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Replace it with your own modem (not modem-router). Afaik Comcast permit many types of modem, even DOCSIS 3.1 modems. Depending on the speed of your package, they can be really cheap.

Replace it with your own modem (not modem-router).

I have a 200 GB package with voice. It is permitted, but has yet to be practical. I'll look into it again.

I've stayed with their hardware because their network in my neighborhood has been unstable and this helps with the finger pointing.

Comcast finally replaced or repaired the upstream hardware or cable/fiber and it has been OK for a couple of months.

I may open this up and look for an antenna to disconnect but was hoping someone has some insight.

Comcast replaced the Modem ( voice gateway ) with a CGM4140COM which they call an XB6 Wireless Gateway

It took a few transfers but finally someone in tier 2 or tier 3 that actually understood the term radio was able to remotely disable the wifi so it is not transmitting.

I'm going to shop for a modem and possibly drop their voice service which opens up more choices for modems. This modem is a turd.

Thanks again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!