What's new

Ping RMerlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluepoint

Very Senior Member
Code:
 nmbd/nmbd_become_dmb.c:become_domain_master_stage2(113)
nmbd[513]:   Samba server RT-N66U is now a domain master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
How can I change the DEFAULT workgroup name "WORKGROUP" to a different name?

USB Applications -> Servers Center -> Miscellaneous.

Note that this message does not necessarily indicate that the router's workgroup is WORKGROUP. It simply means that there's something on your network using WORKGROUP, and the router decided to become the master browser for it.

Code:
 nmbd/nmbd_become_dmb.c:become_domain_master_stage2(113)
nmbd[513]:   Samba server RT-N66U is now a domain master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
How can I change the DEFAULT workgroup name "WORKGROUP" to a different name?
Hi Bluepoint,

You do not need to ping Merlin - just look around in your routers web interface... :rolleyes:

And you will find under USB applications / Servers Center / Miscellaneous setting page: The Work Group field! :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Why not? It's better to get it from the source.:p

Because it's very selfish. RMerlin's time is finite. If everybody expected RMerlin to answer every simple question (especially when you can find the answer yourself in 5 minutes) then RMerlin would have no time left to actually work on the firmware...

Because it's very selfish. RMerlin's time is finite. If everybody expected RMerlin to answer every simple question (especially when you can find the answer yourself in 5 minutes) then RMerlin would have no time left to actually work on the firmware...

Really? I think RMerlin can say that himself, he doesn't need any assist from you.:)

I'd rather this discussion didn't went any further folks, sorry. Locking this thread to avoid any virtual bloodshed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.