What's new

Pixel 2 connectivity issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alescx

New Around Here
Hi. I have an Asus AX88u with Merlin 386.1_2 and I have an issue every time with my Pixel 2XL connecting to the wifi, regardless on what frequency. Basically the phone doesn't connect automatically to the network and I have to manually try several times until its successful. On the phone while trying to connect to the 2.4 GHz frequency, I get the error - "Failed to connect to network", while on the 5 GHz I get "wrong password", even though the password is correct. While eventually I do manage to connect to the 2.4 manually after 9 to 13 tries, on the 5 GHz it just doesn't want to connect at all, giving me the same error every time (but in the latter case, I don't bother that much, as I don't need it connected on the 5 GHz necessarily). I tried to turn on and off 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband, changed the channel bandwidth from Auto to 20 MHz only and 40 MHz only, WPA2 and WPA2/WPA3 Encryption, Airtime fairness, Explicit & universal beamforming. All of these settings combined on or off giving me the same result in the end. I also have Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list for my devices (the Pixel in question being assigned the IP 192.168.1.18), but I also tried without manually assigning the IP for the device, if that is of any relevance, without any success. The output from my system log are attached (message log level - "notice"). Can anybody please troubleshoot the issue? Or does anybody else experienced similar issues? @RMerlin do you have any idea what could cause this? Needless to say, that I already reset both the router and the phone to its factory default settings and still I encounter the same issue.

L.E. Another issue that I have, is with an Onkyo controller, that does connect to the network, but doesn't seem to be connected to the internet. What is curios is that, if for example I listen to Spotify and I want to use Spotify connect with this device, I can select it from my devices list and it works without any problems, but if I try to connect the mobile app remote from the same phone, the device is not found. This usually is fixed if I restart the Onkyo controller. All this issues happened with previous builds also, but I cannot recall exactly with what build it started. All of my other devices connect without any problem.

Attachments

• SystemLog.txt
    124.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited: