What's new

Playing network games on steam - causes server lag

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee Glenn

New Around Here
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has ever come across this problem?

If I'm playing a network game (my PC is the host) with my friend online, he will let me know there is server lag if I've got a browser window open and watching a video.

We play Football Manager together, so sometimes there are a few minutes or so when one of us might be waiting around for the other.

I had never experienced this issue before I got the router, using a standard Virgin Superhub 3. Although I know it's related to the Asus RT AC3200, I've never been able to get to the bottom of what the cause could be.

The router is in 'Wireless router' mode and connected to the Superhub 3.

If I run a speed test when he mentions the lag, it's usually approx 150mbps download and 12mbps upload speeds being reported. My friend is also on Virgin Media and we both have the 200mbps package.

There are about 32 devices connected to the hub, but they are not all doing anything particularly data heavy most of the time.

I'm using the latest firmware.

Does anyone have any possible ideas please?

Thanks in advance,
Lee
:)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!