What's new

PlayOn Not as good as Plex

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ElectricPotato

New Around Here
I know this article is very old now but I came across it googling for PlayOn reviews, to see if it was just me...

I recently bought the full package - lifetime PlayOn, PlayLater plus the HD add-on.
PlayOn is still a great idea wrapped in a poor product.

PlayLater rarely records without errors and when you stream directly using their Roku channel, the video buffers frequently and the quality is horrible.

I streamed the How I Met Your Mother finale via the CBS channel on Plex - it looked fantastic on my 55" TV via the Plex app on Roku.

You do the same thing in PlayOn and it's ugly and choppy. They have the same source - CBS.com, so I'm not sure why PlayOn is so much worse than Plex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your experience with PlayOn

Hey Mr. Potato,

Your experience with PlayOn is not typical and we'd like to try to help you get it working better. Can you please email our support team at support@playon.tv and they'll work with you to figure out why you're seeing performance issues. They are available for free 7-days a week.

Thanks for buying PlayOn, we very much appreciate it. Give us a chance to make it well worth your money.

Cheers,
The PlayOn Team

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!