What's new

PlayStation Network blocked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nufan81

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am having an odd problem with my ASUS RT-AC66U B1 running Merlin latest version.

This issue only started today with no known changes made. I did upgrade to the latest version of Merlin but that was about 2 weeks ago.

The issue is that my son has a PlayStation 5 and as of this morning can no longer connect to the PlayStation network. If I try log into PlayStation on the computer, the page shows "not acceptable" and also doesn't load. Same lack of access on the PlayStation app of my cell phone on wireless.

I would put this down to a PSN Network issue except I think my troubleshooting shows otherwise:

1) If I take the ASUS out of the mix, and plug the PlayStation directly into the ISP modem - it works fine. Same with connecting to LTE on my phone, works fine.
2) If I activate my VPN at the modem level, all access works - this is a work around but I prefer not to have to use the VPN all the time.

I have reset the ASUS to defaults as well as flashed to stock firmware (latest version) with no change.

I can't see how PlayStation would be for some reason blocking my IP because of 1) above.

I have checked PlayStation network status and other forums and seems it's not a widespread issue.

I was going to check with my ISP but based on troubleshooting they will just point to my ASUS.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks for any help!

It sounds like the IP address assigned to your router is blocked/banned. Plugging the PlayStation directly into the modem will give you a different IP address which is why that isn't blocked. Try going into the router's WAN page and use the MAC Clone button (and Apply), then power cycle both the modem and the router.

It sounds like the IP address assigned to your router is blocked/banned. Plugging the PlayStation directly into the modem will give you a different IP address which is why that isn't blocked. Try going into the router's WAN page and use the MAC Clone button (and Apply), then power cycle both the modem and the router.
Doing this gave me a new Public IP address and worked - thanks! No clue what changed or why this was suddenly needed but at least my son can stop bugging me now about his PlayStation :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!