What's new

Please can someone advise.... AC88U Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iamSteve

New Around Here
I have just changed my router from a N66U to a AC88U and restored from a back up to save time.

I have been having issues with devices not been able to connect to the internet from time to time and on 2 occasions not been able to connect at all and the 5g wifi light is off. I have attached a log if you can please advise on any anomalies and causes you can see.

Thank you very much for your time.

Steve.

Last edited:
I have just changed my router from a N66U to a AC88U and restored from a back up to save time.

I have been having issues with devices not been able to connect to the internet from time to time and on 2 occasions not been able to connect at all and the 5g wifi light is off. I have attached a log if you can please advise on any anomalies and causes you can see.

Steve.
If you restored a backup from the N66u to the 88u that will be your issue a new different model needs to be setup from scratch, factory reset and setup manually, good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Seriously? Restoring from backup across totally different models? Don't, just don't!

Steve.

You are causing yourself self-inflicted issues. :)

See the links below (in my signature) to do a proper reset to factory defaults so that your new router has a chance to operate as it should (from a good/known state that the reset will put it to).

Thanks for the advice. I did not expect the backup restore to work but when it did and saved me a days work setting up everything including the many Mac assigned ip addresses I was happy, but it does appear to cause issues.

Shame the backup can’t be easily edited so I could just keep the ip addressing of devices.

It’s strange how it will work for a day without issue.

Last edited:
Please can I add on an AiMesh question.

Will a AiMesh router on my system allow the guest and main Wi-fi networks on both 2.4 and 5 networks work correctly, ie a mesh login on a secondary router will have guest 2.4 and 5 as well as allowing access to my main Wi-fi on 2.4 and 5.

Please can I add on an AiMesh question.

Will a AiMesh router on my system allow the guest and main Wi-fi networks on both 2.4 and 5 networks work correctly, ie a mesh login on a secondary router will have guest 2.4 and 5 as well as allowing access to my main Wi-fi on 2.4 and 5.

My information is that the guest network only works on the main router. The 'nodes' are not included. Maybe, a firmware update can fix this issue. But until it is introduced and proven, I wouldn't count on this if a purchase decision depends on the feature soon.

saved me a days work setting up everything including the many Mac assigned ip addresse

I just save all that info to a .TXT doc.
At one point, I had about 30 Static address.
It only takes a few minutes to copy and paste the info (IP, MAC, hostname) into the fields and save.
I also put in the doc the other info as to SSID and password and other settings.
Only took me maybe 20 min to setup the router from scratch this way...not as fast as restoring from config backup, but saves time in the end not having to deal with any issues later on.