What's new

Please give me feedback on my network setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aznphatb0i

Occasional Visitor
Hi all you small net builders!

I hope you can give me your 2c on my network and if there's anything tips or improvements.

ltEBygJ.png

• Cat6 is used for every connection

• The distance between any of the switches/routers doesn't exceed a few feet of cable

• The R7000 in AP mode is soon going to be replaced by a DIR-890 in AP mode

Any feedback or any other information I can give?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Hi all you small net builders!

I hope you can give me your 2c on my network and if there's anything tips or improvements.

ltEBygJ.png

• Cat6 is used for every connection

• The distance between any of the switches/routers doesn't exceed a few feet of cable

• The R7000 in AP mode is soon going to be replaced by a DIR-890 in AP mode

Any feedback or any other information I can give?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Looks good.. I picked up a UBNT PoE5 port router couple of weeks back. A significant improvement that using wifi router combos, as a router. I also use th R700 in AP mode, but with this 3rd party firmware, which really is a significant improvement to the NG stock firmware.
Very stable firmware and more configurable options on the R7000. You should have a look.
http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-on-netgear-r7000.71108/
How do you like the 24 port gig switch?

from what i see there seems to be a bottleneck between TLSG and 24 port switch and the R7000 and the rest of the network. It depends on how much bandwidth do you expect to utilise and dropped packets can cause significant slows when there is a bandwidth bottleneck.

Try modem - router - switch then plug everything into the switch minus the tlsg1005d. If you absolutely need it use it some where among your 22 keystone jacks. Im not familiar with the router maybe you could do port trunking from router to switch using all three ports. Thats my .02 cents or $3.50 depending on where your from.

I would also agree with connecting your AP directly to your 24 port switch instead of to your router. That is unless you are running VLAN's on your AP. Then, just depending on your configuration and traffic patters I may attach it directly to the router.