What's new

Please Help! Asus AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jlillypad

New Around Here
I did the auto update for the firmware and something seemed to have gotten messed up. I used the rescue mode and the firmware recovery tool to get the router back up and running..... except I didn’t. It was not to my knowledge that the Asus AC3100 and the Rt-ac88u were different routers. I am absolutely mortified at the fact that I flashed an rt-ac88u firmware onto my ac3100. I realize that I have almost certainly permanently bricked my router, but is there ANY way that I can bring this thing back? Rescue mode won’t work due to the holding the button and powering on not working anymore because of my stupid stupid mistake.... please help if there is any way possible at this point.

you can try this and see if it helps

powering off the router for 30 sec+
hold wps button while powering on, wait till the power led start flashing/blinking then release the wps button
now wait for it to reboot properly
noted that it will require you to reconfigure everything from scratch

and maybe it will allow you to go back to recovery mode if it's possible to boot.

if it doesn't, most likely you will need to get RMA if you still covered by the warranty

you can try this and see if it helps

powering off the router for 30 sec+
hold wps button while powering on, wait till the power led start flashing/blinking then release the wps button
now wait for it to reboot properly
noted that it will require you to reconfigure everything from scratch

and maybe it will allow you to go back to recovery mode if it's possible to boot.

if it doesn't, most likely you will need to get RMA if you still covered by the warranty
Do you think that if I ran the utility even out of recovery mode I would maybe be able for the router to pick it up and do something with it?

Do you think that if I ran the utility even out of recovery mode I would maybe be able for the router to pick it up and do something with it?
Id say you shud prolly be able to get it flashed back with the recovery stuff and your lucky because the only difference between the models is the extra 4 lannports on 88u. No expert but im hard pressed to think that would cause a huge operational issue. Id guess some log errors on boot at most but i could be wrong. Gl getting it recovered. Im curious how it goes. I also have 3100

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!