What's new

Please help me choose a 50$ wifi router ^^

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tungnq

New Around Here
Hello,

Please help me choose a good, simple wifi router, around 50$, with good, strong signal, great coverage and durable is a must, no buggy, for my home (3 floors, and kinda big, with many rooms). I don't need other features like security or usb or whatever

I checked all the stores in my city, and these are some available options:

LINKSYS E1200: the storekeeper said the range and power is very weak, maybe the weakest

resize_4_9B963287F424017F4CA2DE17ECA174B3.jpg

TP-LINK TL-WR941ND: he said this one is much better since it has 3 antennae

resize_32_DA7BC704717B9645DDA5852D2882193F.jpg

Router ASUS RTN12 C1 (Black Diamond) Wireless: with 2 antennae, this one is so so

medium_12200_hanoicomputer_101258_rtas003.jpg

and a bunch of buffalo products:

Router Wifi WZR-HP-AG300H
Router Wifi Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
Router Wifi Buffalo WZR-AGL300NH
Router Wifi Buffalo WZR-600DHP
Router Wifi Buffalo WZR-300HP
Router Wifi Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N
Router Wifi Buffalo WHR-G300N V2

wzr-600dhp_1-150x150.jpg

I'm not sure of their performance though

//my buffalo g125 just died after 1 year use, maybe it was too hot, because it was very noisy lately, I suppose it had a fan inside, but I don't know how to open to clean it :p. I'm not sure if other buffalo products are like it........

//and sorry for my bad english, thank you in advanced

Last edited:
what do you mean it "died"? LEDs don't light up? WiFi routers don't usually have fans.

Don't judge by number of antennas. many have 0 visible antennas and work well.

I've had Buffalo products run for years and still running when I replaced them. Same for Belkin. Me myself, I'd avoid D-Link, Netgear, Linksys (for a while, until they are stirred into Belkin's soup).

Last edited:
what do you mean it "died"? LEDs don't light up? WiFi routers don't usually have fans.

Don't judge by number of antennas. many have 0 visible antennas and work well.

I've had Buffalo products run for years and still running when I replaced them. Same for Belkin. Me myself, I'd avoid D-Link, Netgear, Linksys (for a while, until they are stirred into Belkin's soup).

well, it just didn't work anymore, the leds still on but I cannot do anthing, no wifi, no LAN or whatever :(

well I don't judge by the antennas number but the shopkeepers told me that :confused:

My old buffalo g125 run very noisy, much louder than my pc, and even got louder and louder everyday, I never seen any modem or router like that before

images

so I suspect it had a fan inside to cool itself down??? I couldn't open it so I don't know

Well, so which one should I buy now? I just want a simple wifi router with strong signal wifi which can travel far and over walls and furniture

On the WiFi device that died. Did you try a reset to factory defaults, often by press/hold a reset button during power-up? Then reconfigure it per the instructions?

regarding range and "strong WiFi".... remember too that WiFi is bi-directional. A super strong signal FROM the WiFi router won't improve a weak signal TO the WiFi router from a puny client device.

On the WiFi device that died. Did you try a reset to factory defaults, often by press/hold a reset button during power-up? Then reconfigure it per the instructions?

regarding range and "strong WiFi".... remember too that WiFi is bi-directional. A super strong signal FROM the WiFi router won't improve a weak signal TO the WiFi router from a puny client device.

I tried everything, reset it, reconfig it, but it was no use, and the most issue is, it works very loud, I really mean it, I don't know what inside but maybe a dusty fan

well, I need something with good signal, great coverage, less dead spot in house with 100m2, 3 floors :D

get the WZR-HP-G300NH

damn, I recheck it again, out of stock, discontinued :(

but how about WHR-300HP? it's the newest product of buffalo right, along with WZR-300HP. But I read the WZR 300 HP review, it isn't very good T__T

damn, I recheck it again, out of stock, discontinued :(

but how about WHR-300HP? it's the newest product of buffalo right, along with WZR-300HP. But I read the WZR 300 HP review, it isn't very good T__T

The TP-LINK you listed is the next best thing. I've had great results with TP-LINK routers personally.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online