What's new

Please help me setup my AiMesh on three RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FullScreen57

New Around Here
All three have been upgraded to the latest firmware - Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 (Beta Version), are spread out over three floors, hard-wired and assigned static IP addresses.
Basement: Fios ONT box ==> Router1 [Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default)] ==> switch
Floor 1: Ethernet cable ==> Router2 [Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode]
Floor 2: Ethernet cable ==> Router3 [Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode]

Can anybody please help/point me on how to actually setup a properly functioning AiMesh system?

Thanks.

Make sure the nodes are running a mesh compatible firmware and are in a factory reset state, connect them to the router and then search for the nodes from the router's UI. I use a wireless backhaul and it was as simple as that to connect my AC68U over wireless as a node to my AC86U router. I then set the AC68U's primary MAC in the router's manually assigned IP list to give the node an IP of my choosing.

You need to manually factory reset your 2 AP mode routers first. Make sure that WPS is turned ON on the main router. Then disconnect them from ethernet and plug them in within 3ish yards of the main router, then add each one as an AIMesh node via the GUI in the router ( I suggest you do this via Network Map->AiMesh Node->Search. After each has been added sucessfully, you may move them to wherever you wish and connect them via ethernet. Then you can turn OFF WPS on your main router as a security measure.

All three have been upgraded to the latest firmware - Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 (Beta Version), are spread out over three floors, hard-wired and assigned static IP addresses.
Basement: Fios ONT box ==> Router1 [Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default)] ==> switch
Floor 1: Ethernet cable ==> Router2 [Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode]
Floor 2: Ethernet cable ==> Router3 [Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode]

Can anybody please help/point me on how to actually setup a properly functioning AiMesh system?

Thanks.

Here you go.

OE

If I understood your setup, you've got a hardwire connection to each of your AP nodes from the main router. If that's the case, do yourself a favor and skip AiMesh. Just use them as traditional APs. Much more flexible, configurable and reliable. Plus you don't have to reset your whole network to make changes and you can introduce any vendor product you choose moving forward. Less effort in the long run and better control/performance from each node.