What's new

Please make asuswrt-Merlin support WISP mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cco12

New Around Here
I would like to have Asuswrt-Merlin that support "WISP Mode"

To connet to paid wifi/university wifi for one account and then I can use that account for many device.
Such as asus RT-N12HP have wisp mode

Want WISP mode For AC68U and TM-ac1900

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. Anything related to wifi is outside of my control.

As for using a TM-AC1900, have you seen this?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/p...-5-early-test-builds.45769/page-3#post-395449l

As well as:

Q: Why can't I update my (modded)TM-AC1900 firmware?
A: Because you are running Asuswrt-Merlin on an UNSUPPORTED model, and Asus recently changed the firmware validation process to prevent such a thing. You will have to revert back to the original TM-AC1900. Beyond that, you're on your own.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/

C
Not gonna happen. Anything related to wifi is outside of my control.
Hi thank you so much for making amazing firmware.
Can you add WISP function? I see asus add wisp mode to rt-n12hp. I hope to have one my too because I want to use AC radio

C

Hi thank you so much for making amazing firmware.
Can you add WISP function? I see asus add wisp mode to rt-n12hp. I hope to have one my too because I want to use AC radio

Merlin has stated, in answer to your initial post, that, even if he wanted to add WISP, he would not be able to because anything related to the router’s wifi is controlled by ASUS and Merlin is unable to access it. So, as he said, WISP will not be added by him to his firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!