What's new

Point to Point over 450m with limited line of sight in urban area

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A small update:
Today we managed test a bit the link: we each held the AP in hand outside the window and gave it a try.

Happily we managed to establish a link and at best I saw around -30 dbm, I also could ping his router (best was a few ms) but did not manage to get online. It seams there is the potential for a good link.

As we could not really hold the APs stable the connection dropped often.

Tomorrow we will try again with the APs on theirs future positions "securely" held by out wives :) (if they decide to cooperate:p). Hopefully this way the connection will be stable and I can measure the throughput.

A small update:
Today we managed test a bit the link: we each held the AP in hand outside the window and gave it a try.

Happily we managed to establish a link and at best I saw around -30 dbm, I also could ping his router (best was a few ms) but did not manage to get online. It seams there is the potential for a good link.

As we could not really hold the APs stable the connection dropped often.

Tomorrow we will try again with the APs on theirs future positions "securely" held by out wives :) (if they decide to cooperate:p). Hopefully this way the connection will be stable and I can measure the throughput.
Is that path going to be clear of tree foliage in the spring?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!