What's new

Policy based routing on Asus RT-AC86U not working as expected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have run two and a few times VPN clients from three commercial VPN providers without issues. Just be sure there are not any port conflicts.

I have run two and a few times VPN clients from three commercial VPN providers without issues. Just be sure there are not any port conflicts.

Thanks that is interesting to hear it still worked. I have tried 2 other commercial VPNs both with different ports but both UDP but router still couldn't log in after 6hrs, required a power on/off to get it to log back in but internet was fine still.

Both had different Local IPs especially last 2 sets of numbers, I do have the option to adjust the ports and maybe try TCP?, guess could give it a shot.

Small updated, changing the 2nd VPN to TCP appears to have worked and is much more stable and better working no router freezes or lock ups after a week where as before it occurred after 1-3 days.

Going to temp fate and try a 3rd VPN with TCP and see if that one is stable and good also.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!