What's new

Policy rules by program?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RRC

New Around Here
Hi, firstly thanks for allowing me into the Forum, I'll try not to let you down :)
I have a question that I don't know if it should go under an OpenVPN Client forum or Asus Merlin but here we go -
My set up Internet > Plusnet HubOne router/modem > Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin
I route my standard equipment such as Sky and BT boxes through the Plusnet router and connect my other stuff to the Asus to make use of the P.I.A. VPN, all seems to work well.
On my Computer which goes via the VPN, I am happy for almost everything to be routed through the VPN but would like an exception so am asking what is possible, perhaps using scripts. Can you pass any of the following through the WAN by using rules or scripts?
A program (such as Chrome)?
Something running in the concept of a specific user?
Are there any other techniques outside of IP addresses to reliably route certain traffic?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance

Last edited:
If you are looking for exceptions to VPN tunnel and you are primarily concerned with this on your PC you should look at what your options are when using the PIA app on your PC and then on your router using policy based routing set your PC to connect using the WAN.

Not all VPN apps are created the same but I know using Astrill's I have options/flexibility that is above beyond what you can to on a router using just the GUI.

Reactions: RRC

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online