What's new

Poll for OpenVPN provider to be supported by Voxel Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which OpenVPN providers do you want to be supported in a Kamoj-addon for Voxel Firmware

• Total voters

kamoj

Very Senior Member
I'm at the moment working on another add-on for the R7800/R9000 router with Voxel Firmware.
One of the functions is Web/GUI-based handling of OpenVPN clients.

UPDATE:
At the moment I can support the providers in the poll + :
  • FastestVPN
  • Integrity
  • Ivacy
  • Trust.Zone
  • VPN.ac.
These providers are NOT possible to support since they do not give public access to .ovpn (configuration) files:
  • Astrill VPN
  • CyberGhost VPN
  • ExpressVPN
  • Vpn Unlimited

Last edited:
I'm at the moment working on another add-on for the R7800/R9000 router with Voxel Firmware.
One of the functions is Web/GUI-based handling of OpenVPN clients.

At the moment I can support the providers in the poll + VPN.ac.

These providers are NOT possible to support since they do not give public access to .ovpn (configuration) files:
  • Astrill VPN
  • CyberGhost VPN
  • ExpressVPN
Can't wait for this add-on, thanks for all your work and support

It would be great if PIA will be supported in your addon!
I've recently made a donation to @Voxel for his excellent work. Do you also have the possibility to receive donations @kamoj to make this happen?

For now I'm happy for your appreciation!
Thank you for the donation to Voxel. He deserves it!
I'll do my very best to include PIA.

My problem is that I can not subscribe for all these providers to test and validate my code.
PIA doesn't have a free trial subscription.

It would be great if PIA will be supported in your addon!
I've recently made a donation to @Voxel for his excellent work. Do you also have the possibility to receive donations @kamoj to make this happen?

Do you also have the possibility to receive donations @kamoj to make this happen?
I have to clarify this with kamoj and vladlenas. Re: moving concrete donation made on my site to kamoj. He deserves it. Wait a bit. I am sorry but I am too far from such financial details ;-(

P.S.

I know, kamoj is busy, but too many people are waiting ;-)

Voxel.

Hello, I am a newbie and it's quite possible that I am missing something, but I wonder if it could be an idea to include support for open vpn configuration files (which work regardless of vpn provider)? If not, thenI would appreciate support for Vpn Unlimited and/or Ivacy.

Thanks

There is already support for .ovpn configuration files in Voxel Firmware!
My addon will make it easier, and possible to find the fastest server etc.
The options will vary with the vpn provider.

Ivacy is OK, they provide .ovpn-files.

Vpn Unlimited is NOT OK, since I can not download their ovpn files.
Or do you know where to download them from?

Hello, I am a newbie and it's quite possible that I am missing something, but I wonder if it could be an idea to include support for open vpn configuration files (which work regardless of vpn provider)? If not, thenI would appreciate support for Vpn Unlimited and/or Ivacy.

Thanks

There is already support for .ovpn configuration files in Voxel Firmware!
My addon will make it easier, and possible to find the fastest server etc.
The options will vary with the vpn provider.

Ivacy is OK, they provide .ovpn-files.

Vpn Unlimited is NOT OK, since I can not download their ovpn files.
Or do you know where to download them from?

Vpn Unlimited open vpn configuration files are produced in each user's personal "dashboard", where settings like server location, protocol etc. is selected. There is a limit of how many open vpn configuration files that each user can produce (mine is 5). I am currently not aware of a simpler way to produce them. I sent a request to support and requested open vpn configuration files for all server locations, and received 74 .ovpn files. I am a little bit concerned of sharing these, not sure if there are any personal details linked to my account there (login/password)?

Last edited:
Thank you for the information!

These "dashboard" settings could easily be set by my addon as well.
The .ovpn files follow a standard.
The user/password is often put in a separate "authorization" file, e.g. vpnunlimited.auth.
Then the vpnunlimited.ovpn file refers to this file on the line containing "auth-user-pass",
e.g. that lines looks like:
Code:
auth-user-pass vpnunlimited.auth

Some openvpn providers give each user a personal certificate (ExpressVPN ?!).
I don't know about Vpn Unlimited.

So I guess the addon will be without support of settings and finding fastest server etc for Vpn Unlimited.

However I plan to make it possible to make a choice of .ovpn file.
That way you can put all .ovpn files in one place and easily change between them with the addon.
I hope that is enough for you and other users of unsupported providers!

Vpn Unlimited open vpn configuration files are produced in each user's personal "dashboard", where settings like server location, protocol etc. is selected. There is a limit of how many open vpn configuration files that each user can produce (mine is 5). I am currently not aware of a simpler way to produce them. I sent a request to support and requested open vpn configuration files for all server locations, and received 74 .ovpn files. I am a little bit concerned of sharing these, not sure if there are any personal details linked to my account there (login/password)?

Thank you for the information!

These "dashboard" settings could easily be set by my addon as well.
The .ovpn files follow a standard.
The user/password is often put in a separate "authorization" file, e.g. vpnunlimited.auth.
Then the vpnunlimited.ovpn file refers to this file on the line containing "auth-user-pass",
e.g. that lines looks like:
Code:
auth-user-pass vpnunlimited.auth

Some openvpn providers give each user a personal certificate (ExpressVPN ?!).
I don't know about Vpn Unlimited.

So I guess the addon will be without support of settings and finding fastest server etc for Vpn Unlimited.

However I plan to make it possible to make a choice of .ovpn file.
That way you can put all .ovpn files in one place and easily change between them with the addon.
I hope that is enough for you and other users of unsupported providers!

That was exactly what I was hoping for, a webgui for .ovpn files, with the possibility to bypass the VPN tunnel for selected devices(local IP addresses). Thanks a lot!

Thx for this Kamoj. How come ExpressVPN is not on the list?
Given that it's the most reliable for Netflix that is.

Thx for this Kamoj. How come ExpressVPN is not on the list?
Given that it's the most reliable for Netflix that is.

Thank you for your interest!

As per my first posting above:
These providers are NOT possible to support since they do not give public access to .ovpn (configuration) file

If you where to find current/valid/up-to-date .ovpn files, you can PM me and I'll consider adding support for ExpressVPN.

In any case, you will have the opportunity to use and edit any .ovpn file contents with cut-and-paste in the GUI.
So your personal .ovpn file(s) can be used as well.
It's just that, in these cases, I can not make an automatic function to find fastest server.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!