What's new

Port Forwarding control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rowbby

Occasional Visitor
Would it be possible to get a little more control over port forwarding such as being able to toggle individual entries/forwards ON (open) or OFF (closed) without having to add/delete them? Think it would be useful to be able to close the port if it's not going to be used for a while, but be able to turn it back on without having to enter all the information again as ASUS has it now.

Also, if you have a large list with a lot of entries, it'd be nice if there was a way to sort them by the column headers (i.e. Port, Local IP, Protocol, etc.). The way it is now, they're just in the order that they were added.

Just some ideas, not sure how much demand there is for them...
Thanks.

Would it be possible to get a little more control over port forwarding such as being able to toggle individual entries/forwards ON (open) or OFF (closed) without having to add/delete them? Think it would be useful to be able to close the port if it's not going to be used for a while, but be able to turn it back on without having to enter all the information again as ASUS has it now.

Not without losing backward compatibility with Asus, and redesigning the GUI code unfortunately.

Also, if you have a large list with a lot of entries, it'd be nice if there was a way to sort them by the column headers (i.e. Port, Local IP, Protocol, etc.). The way it is now, they're just in the order that they were added.

Same. Due to the way Asus implemented the webui, it's difficult to do any kind of display manipulation, as the data is effectively stored in the DOM itself, not just in Javascript variables. I took a shot at it a few months ago, and gave up.