What's new

Port Forwarding: Enable / Disable on a per port basis

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yiannis

Regular Contributor
Perhaps an idea for implementation if it's not already implemented.

Sometimes you need to quickly open/close a specific port forwarding leaving the rest ports intact (open).

To my understanding the current implementation only allows for a generic switch (On/Off) of the whole port forwarding feature, like a master switch.

I believe it would be very useful if there was also the ability to selectively open close ports with on/off switches .

What do you think?

Last edited:
not sure about this
last time i worked with port forwarding was with a vps and a custom firewall ( zentoo i think ) as those are designed to do that stuff :p
also if i am not mistaken ( alteast with windows firewall is that the case )
Close goes before open
so in global you put everything on open and just put a close port in it that you want to have closed
as the rule says that close goes before open , will that specific port be closed when the other ports stays open
windows said:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755191(v=ws.10).aspx
Block rules. This type of rule explicitly blocks a particular type of incoming or outgoing traffic. Because these rules are evaluated before allow rules, they take precedence. Network traffic that matches both an active block and an active allow rule is blocked.

Greets From PowerChaos

Perhaps an idea for implementation if it's not already implemented.

Sometimes you need to quickly open/close a specific port forwarding leaving the rest ports intact (open).

To my understanding the current implementation only allows for a generic switch (On/Off) of the whole port forwarding feature, like a master switch.

I believe it would be very useful if there was also the ability to selectively open close ports with on/off switches .

What do you think?
Have you ever tried upnp it does exactly that open and close ports on the fly as required.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!