What's new

Port forwarding from local network back to local network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matejdro

New Around Here
Is there a way to set up port forwarding that will also work on router's local IP?

So for example if I set up port forwarding of port 7000 to device 192.168.1.10 and I a device in my local network would connect to the 192.168.1.1 (router IP) with port 7000, router would forward that connection to the 19.268.1.10.

My use case here is that I have a domain that is pointing to my external IP (and hosted by the router via nginx on entware). Since I also want to be able to access that site from the local network, I have set up dnsmasq to change domain target inside network to 192.168.1.1, so everyone inside network can also access the website.

Now I would also like to use this domain on a different services, not hosted on the router. Pointing to a domain work on the outside, since router forwards ports from WAN to correct target, but port forwarding LAN -> Router -> LAN does not appear to work.

I think you are looking for the hair pin Nat feature that got removed along time ago.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!