What's new

Port forwarding not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Catastrophik

New Around Here
I'm sure the answer is around and I'm sorry if it is I'm just exhausted from dealing with this problem , I've put about 15 hours into it.

So I have an Lorex NVR that can be remotely viewed via apps on my phone and I had it working for many years. Recently it stopped working via the net. And me being me I lost my router log in info. Skipping the nonsense I need to port forward 3 ports for it to work. I've tried disabling the Nat acceleration, downloaded the Merlin fw, hard reset the router, and the list goes on.

But the ports always show closed in any checker and the app doesn't work remotely like it does locally.

I've called lorex and asus to no avail lorex even remoted in and then blamed my isp who I then called and said they had nothing to do with it.

It's an RT-AC87R if that matters and yes the nvr is set to a static ip.

First I would make sure that the router sees the NVR then make sure that your ISP did not block the ports on there side.

Try removing the port forward apply and re enter it one at a time and apply. Also if you are using a switch try rebooting that as well.

How are you accessing the IP of your router from the WAN? Are you using a VPN provider as well by chance?

No sir no vpn. Thanks for trying to help. I'm doing it either through the camera companies ddns or directly through my ip.

Last edited: