What's new

port forwarding RT-AC 3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amos54

Occasional Visitor
I'm tired if bearing my head in the wall!!

I've read many pages on port forwarding to to avail. I'm writing about the top entry in the pic. The last octet is zero for obvious reasons. The actual IP is the IP of NVR server, the same as I access with browser on network.

Whatever I try fails.
Even port 80 shows as blocked.

I use this to check the ports. https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

asus.jpg

All ports show as blocked.
What is 192.168.2.39?

Last edited:
It's not the same.

I want to sincerely thank you for responding to my delima.

Your router doesn't have a public IP address. Therefore it is not accessible from the internet.

What are the first two octets of the IP address shown at Network Map > Internet status > WAN IP?

I think I need to enable the wan ddns but have no idea what to do

Yes, I have a wireless access point.
I found instructions for wan ddns. Would it cause problems to enable encryption?

Yes, I have a wireless access point.
It looks like this device is also a router which is the source of your problem. If you want/need to keep using this device as a router you will have to create port forwarding rules on this device as well that are directed at the AC3200's WAN port.

What is the make and model of this "access point"?

I found instructions for wan ddns. Would it cause problems to enable encryption?
DDNS is a different thing altogether.

Last edited:
You said in a previous thread that you had configured your AC3200 as an access point. Before we waste time going down a wrong path based on false assumptions can you confirm whether your AC3200 is in router mode or access point mode?

I had to change it back to a router in order to use port forwarding.
When I applied the DDNS settings I get error, "invalid IP address"

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!