What's new

Port forwarding through 2 routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

howardmoon

Occasional Visitor
Having trouble port forwarding through a 4g modem/router and RT-AC68U to BlueIris.

4g modem/router (no bridge mode) 192.168.0.1
port 8029 forwarded to
RT-AC68U 192.168.0.2
subnet 192.168.1.x
port 8029 forwarded to 192.168.1.7

The 4g modem claims DDNS registration succeeded, the external address matches, pinging the name return the right external IP.

Just getting a long timeout. No helpful tools in the 4g modem.

You could install entware and then tcpdump to get a packet trace on the Asus and see if anything is getting through the 4G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try static routes, or dmz of the second router

Just talked to 4GAS, the provider for my wireless internet, and their tech said T-Mobile and AT&T do not allow inbound connections without a static ip account. I wonder why the modem has DDNS and port forwarding, as it is strictly for cellular. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: Just tried T-Mobile and they couldn't tell me. Sent me to the "top level" and no one had a clue and gave me no where else to turn.

Last edited:
As Vexira said, you should try to DMZ the Asus router in the 4G router. I have the same situation, piece of s***t provided by the ISP, a Huawei B315-22s and has no bridge mode at all. My setup's:

4G > Huawei (192.168.8.1) > WAN port > RT-AC68U (192.168.10.1) > switch & APs

On Huawei went to DMZ and gave it a IP on the range of the subnet for the WAN port of the Asus, 192.168.8.100. And there you go. Double NAT "solved".

I think you can give it a try with the IPs you like. Remember, the subnet on the 4G router MUST be different from the subnet of the Asus.

Good luck

A lot of 4G ISP’s do carrier-NAT, in which case this will never work as your external IP is private already.

If that’s what they are doing you currently have triple NAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!