What's new

Port forwarding to multiple devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ofirva

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I own a router that my ISP provided me and I would like to port forward the same set of ports to multiple pc's on the same network, Both computers are wire connected to the router, what are my options? I've tried:
1. contacting the ISP in order to provide me another external IP (not an option)
2. Splitting the range of required ports (didn't work)
I've been thinking if getting another router and try connecting PC1 to the main router, connecting the new router to PC2 and the main router, after that I will try to open the ports for each computer in their own dedicated router, any chance that will work?

Looking forward to your replies, thanks in advance!

This is not possible. When a client connects to your public IP address on the desired port how would the router know which PC it was meant to forward the traffic to? It can't forward the traffic to more than one PC because that doesn't make any sense.

This is what I was wondering - may work only if PCs are running one at a time. Like backup service or something.

This is not possible. When a client connects to your public IP address on the desired port how would the router know which PC it was meant to forward the traffic to? It can't forward the traffic to more than one PC because that doesn't make any sense.
This is what I was wondering - may work only if PCs are running one at a time. Like backup service or something.
Thank you for replying,
First of all I must admit that I'm not very familiar with how network work so that is why I thought I should ask it before doing anything,
With that out of the way I have 3 more questions that I would like to get an answer to:
1 - If I'm getting it straight why it wouldn't work, the router won't know if he should route the packet to the PC or the other router?
2 - Every packet that the server sends me contains my external IP address, and with the port the router know to which pc transfer it to?
3 - What are my options besides getting a network for each computer?

Your questions don't really make any sense. What are you trying to achieve?
Sorry if I'm being unclear due to my lack of knowledge, I will try to elaborate the situation as it is:
In order that me and the other PC to play a game called "Warzone" together and for the game to work properly, we both must port forward the ports they mentioned in their forums,
At this moment only 1 PC is able to port forward, I have come here in order to try and find a solution and maybe suggest one of my own (which you both turned down), hope everything is clear.

OK, thanks for the info.

I am not familiar with how Warzone works, but the first thing I would try is to remove any manual port forwarding rules that you have created and ensure that UPnP is enabled on the router. This solves most problems like this.

Sorry if I'm being unclear due to my lack of knowledge, I will try to elaborate the situation as it is:
In order that me and the other PC to play a game called "Warzone" together and for the game to work properly, we both must port forward the ports they mentioned in their forums,
At this moment only 1 PC is able to port forward, I have come here in order to try and find a solution and maybe suggest one of my own (which you both turned down), hope everything is clear.

This setup works with all of CoD like WZ, MW, CW, Vanguard.

1. Setting up the ip address.
Enable Manual Assignment>YES>Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list>Add following ip addresses>Apply
PC1: 192.168.1.AX
PC2: 192.168.1.BX

2. Port forwarding.
WAN>Virtual Server/ Port forwading> Enable port forwarding.
Service name: anything you want
external port: 3478
internal port: 27014-27050
Protocol: TCP

3. Check NAT in the game.
You should see NAT: OPEN

Last edited:
Thank you all for the suggestions,
OK, thanks for the info.

I am not familiar with how Warzone works, but the first thing I would try is to remove any manual port forwarding rules that you have created and ensure that UPnP is enabled on the router. This solves most problems like this.
I have tried it and it seems to work fine excepts that one PC is getting 100% packet loss for about 5-8 sec and then the game return to normal, happens a few times during a match, any idea what can cause it and how can I fix it?
I'm not a gamer, but read this, may help you resolve your issue:
This setup works with all of CoD like WZ, MW, CW, Vanguard.

1. Setting up the ip address.
Enable Manual Assignment>YES>Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list>Add following ip addresses>Apply
PC1: 192.168.1.AX
PC2: 192.168.1.BX

2. Port forwarding.

3. Check NAT in the game.
You should see NAT: OPEN
Thank you for replying, I've tried both of your solutions and it did not seem to work, the game would kick out of the server one pc after a few seconds.

Thank you all for the suggestions,

I have tried it and it seems to work fine excepts that one PC is getting 100% packet loss for about 5-8 sec and then the game return to normal, happens a few times during a match, any idea what can cause it and how can I fix it?

Thank you for replying, I've tried both of your solutions and it did not seem to work, the game would kick out of the server one pc after a few seconds.
Go to Router setup>Disable UPnP.
My WZ works fine with my own setup.
Try this port forwarding.
TCP: 3074, 27014-27050
UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036
May be...'a router that my ISP provided me' this is the problem. Is there MAC Clone with your router? Disable it if it has.
What is your Router from ISP? Model?

Last edited:
Go to Router setup>Disable UPnP.
My WZ works fine with my own setup.
May be...'a router that my ISP provided me' this is the problem.
What is your Router from ISP? Model?
HOTBOX 4, nothing fancy, actually it might be the problem but I'm trying to figure out everything on my side before doing anything that has to do with the ISP.

I've edited my post including ports. Check it out
I saw it, thank you.
I am not sure if your solution will help for my situation.

I need to open the ports you mentioned for two different LOCAL IPs and that's impossible due to the fact that there isn't an option to open the same ports for different IPs addresses.

It seems the UPNP worked a little bit better then usual. but I still have connectivity issues and packet losses.

Thank you for your answers and you time.

2. Port forwarding.
You're missing the point. He's not asking how to forward ports, he wan't to know how ports can be forwarded to two different LAN client. Your settings above are invalid because they must include a single internal address and a single internal port.

I saw it, thank you.
I am not sure if your solution will help for my situation.

I need to open the ports you mentioned for two different LOCAL IPs and that's impossible due to the fact that there isn't an option to open the same ports for different IPs addresses.

It seems the UPNP worked a little bit better then usual. but I still have connectivity issues and packet losses.

Thank you for your answers and you time.
Try this.
DMZ: PC1 ip address.
Port forwarding setup: only for PC2

Try this.
DMZ: PC1 ip address.
Port forwarding setup: only for PC2
Thank you.
The setting is simple as I saw on my router interface.
Can you explain me please what DMZ stands for?

You're missing the point. He's not asking how to forward ports, he wan't to know how ports can be forwarded to two different LAN client. Your settings above are invalid because they must include a single internal address and a single internal port.

Thank you for your time Colin.
Maybe you have other ideas how to handle this situation?
I tried UPNP and it seems the connectivity is better, but I still have packet losses which doesn't allow me to play the game properly.

I don't think so. He can set them up for PC1 and PC2 separately if his router has that option.
Port forwarding for PC1
Port forwarding for PC2
PC1 and PC2 can be accessed at the same time.
A lot of gamers use that setup. Is there something wrong?