What's new

Port Forwarding via external VPN Client address to internal address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

benze

New Around Here
I've got an Asus RT-AC1900P running firmward 384.6 Overall, everything is running fine. I have setup a VPN Client (Client 3) with Policy based routing, such that all traffic from two internal machines is routed out the VPN interface:

The routing out works as expected. But I would like to route any incoming requests to port 22 on the VPN interface to 192.168.2.97 as well.

I've read through the forum and think it is feasible using iptables, but not entirely sure what the correct configuration is. But then I read one post that indicates that port forwarding doesn't work via the VPN client. Which leads me to be confused.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please? What rules do I need to add to the
openvpn-event script? I see so many different interfaces listed in the router that I'm not sure where to start configuring an incoming request. Is it the tun13 interface?

Thanks,

Eric

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!