What's new

Possible Ai-Protection Issue? (RT-AC68U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Teddy2100

New Around Here
Hi All

I'm new to the site and hope someone could help me.

So i upgraded to 3.0.0.4.382.18881, this had was the first firmware i saw with the Ai-Protection Logs/Events.

My question is the term "HIT" being used, Does this mean that both the Firewall & AiProtection failed (Implying a HIT) or that it was blocked (If so shouldnt it state BLOCKED or something).

The reason i say this is i used to run a little web-server (personal projects) and items where showing as Hits but where also showing on my server logs (Implying that the AiProtection is not doing as advertised).

I have since removed all port forwarding to my server, obtained a new WAN IP (turning both modem and router over night) and still am receiving the occasional "HIT"?

I did at one point turn on firewall logging (ACCEPTED & DROPPED) and only saw DROPPED so i thought the firewall must be doing its job & turned them logging back off.

One last thing does AiProtection sit before or after the firewall.

Sorry for the rant,
Thanks

Think of hit as something stopped in the case of AiProtection. As for where it sits, it is likely astride the firewall as it seems to monitor traffic on both sides.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk