What's new

Possible bug in Main_TrafficMonitor_last24.asp

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
When viewing Main_TrafficMonitor_last24.asp toggling the scale dropdown to KB does not show KB.

2022-04-04 10_20_09-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - Traffic Monitor _ Last 24 Hours - Chromium.png

2022-04-04 10_20_49-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - Traffic Monitor _ Last 24 Hours - Chromium.png

The Total column still remains in MB units and the measurements have changed from 833.67 down and 32.91 up, to 801.07 down and 31.50 up.

Why does the number change?

It also changes from MB to GB or TB based on the dropdown.

The ScaleSize function divides by 1024 instead of 1000.

It changes to the next higher units when the number exceeds 1000. (It doesn't go in the opposite direction)

It changes when you manually change the dropdown. Try it.

I don't understand the confusion. The total reads 833.67 MB when MB is selected in the dropdown. The total reads 801.07 MB when KB is select in the dropdown. I don't understand what that has to do with the ScaleSize() function.

Also, in the monthly and daily screens the totals are switched to the units in the dropdown.

I don't understand the confusion. The total reads 833.67 MB when MB is selected in the dropdown. The total reads 801.07 MB when KB is select in the dropdown. I don't understand what that has to do with the ScaleSize() function.
For MB and higher, the bytes are divided by 1000 to get the desired units. When it’s KB, the bytes get processed by ScaleSize() and get divided by 1024 instead, so the final MB number will appear smaller than when MB is selected outright. It’s an inconsistency in the way unit conversions are handled in the firmware.

But it's not KB. The totals are labeled MB.

There is still the issue that switching the dropdown to MB, GB, or TB changes the totals to the corresponding unit. Only when switched to KB the units are changed to MB instead of KB. This is even inconsistent with the behavior on the Main_TrafficMonitor_daily.asp and Main_TrafficMonitor_monthly.asp.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!