What's new

Possible Router Security Conflict with QBitTorrent

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
Hi,

ASUS RT-AX88U, AUSWRT-Merlin 384.19.

I installed QBitTorrent in a Container on my QNAP TS-253Be

I'm certain I've set it up correctly and followed all instructions carefully.

The Torrents I'm downloading have enough people seeding, but after I add a torrent it starts to download then drops off and stalls. I've tried about 10 different torrents with hundreds of people seeding, and they all do this. (See the QBitTorrent Full Screen image below).

I've been told this issue could be a conflict with the router's security.

The problem is, I'm new to using torrents, and I'm unsure how to identify and resolve any potential issue here.

If anyone has experience with this I'd be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Please refer to these links:

QBitTorrent Full Screen

QBitTorrent Options

Thank you very much :)

Does it download anything at all? Your screenshot shows no data whatsoever having been downloaded.

Normally not an issue for downloading, but if you don't have UPnP on, you have to map the port from your screenshot back to the box running the torrent software.

Also, when you select the torrent, are there any error status messages about the torrent or the tracker (like timeouts etc).

Does it download anything at all? Your screenshot shows no data whatsoever having been downloaded.

Well, it appears to start downloading after I add the torrent, but it stops. And as you point out it appears that nothing has been downloaded.

Normally not an issue for downloading, but if you don't have UPnP on, you have to map the port from your screenshot back to the box running the torrent software.

Also, when you select the torrent, are there any error status messages about the torrent or the tracker (like timeouts etc).

I just turned on the UPnP .

No, its not showing any errors, it just says "stalled".

Would you know of any good posts here about mapping ports for this sort of thing? I've not done that before, thanks for your reply by the way. I appreciate any help.

Would you know of any good posts here about mapping ports for this sort of thing? I've not done that before, thanks for your reply by the way. I appreciate any help.
Go to "WAN"
Select the "Virtual Server/ Port Forwarding" Tab

It's got a decent little write up and also a link to the FAQ right there on the top of the page :)

@Skeptical.me read this again, you shouldn't need both Upnp and port forwarding, typically either / or is the way to configure it.

As Colin & Jack point out, eliminate the other potential points of failure first. As well, make sure to read the config info about QBitTorrent as well as the torrent sites themselves. Some have approved / denied clients or specific configs you need (or settings they don't want you to have enabled).

Hope one of these will resolve your issue :)

@Skeptical.me read this again, you shouldn't need both Upnp and port forwarding, typically either / or is the way to configure it.

As Colin & Jack point out, eliminate the other potential points of failure first. As well, make sure to read the config info about QBitTorrent as well as the torrent sites themselves. Some have approved / denied clients or specific configs you need (or settings they don't want you to have enabled).

Hope one of these will resolve your issue :)

I really appreciate the replies from everyone.

Sorry to waste your time.

The issue was resolved.

I was using QBitTorrent in a Container on my NAS.

The person who maintains QBitTorrent for QNAP NAS told me:

"Qbitorrent is not built for container station, it is a standalone static binary (bittorent-nox)"

So I deleted the Container, and installed the .qpkg (QNAP file format) and everything is working fine.

Thanks again for the help, though, I do appreciate people taking time to reply.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!