1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Possible to monitor why Roku private listening frequent disconnects?

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by seagull60, May 29, 2020.

1. seagull60

seagull60 New Around Here

Maybe this is a stupid question but private listening on my Roku is constantly disconnecting / going out of sync and I'm wondering if its caused by the router and if so if there's anyway to pinpoint the reason. The roku and iphone are both on 5g and in the same room (all close). I've got a RT-AC86U running Merlin. I don't really know where I should be looking.

2. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

You did not say which version of Merlin you are running but I run a Roku and have good performance with the Asus stock firmware.

See: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-firmware-and-settings.64433/

With Dual Band SmartConnect my Roku usually starts out on the 2.4 GHZ band after a router reboot but will switch itself to the 5 GHZ band in a short time. Even on 2.4 GHZ it has no issues streaming online content or from the NAS.