What's new

Possible to monitor why Roku private listening frequent disconnects?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

seagull60

New Around Here
Maybe this is a stupid question but private listening on my Roku is constantly disconnecting / going out of sync and I'm wondering if its caused by the router and if so if there's anyway to pinpoint the reason. The roku and iphone are both on 5g and in the same room (all close). I've got a RT-AC86U running Merlin. I don't really know where I should be looking.

Maybe this is a stupid question but private listening on my Roku is constantly disconnecting / going out of sync and I'm wondering if its caused by the router and if so if there's anyway to pinpoint the reason. The roku and iphone are both on 5g and in the same room (all close). I've got a RT-AC86U running Merlin. I don't really know where I should be looking.
You did not say which version of Merlin you are running but I run a Roku and have good performance with the Asus stock firmware.

See: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-firmware-and-settings.64433/

With Dual Band SmartConnect my Roku usually starts out on the 2.4 GHZ band after a router reboot but will switch itself to the 5 GHZ band in a short time. Even on 2.4 GHZ it has no issues streaming online content or from the NAS.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!