What's new

Post here for Jack_Yaz (Refreshing Page issue while using his scripts)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QuikSilver

Very Senior Member
I figured this would help consolidate the issues into one thread to help others as well as @Jack Yaz look at one thread instead of multiple ones. This is for anyone that is noticing that their "Refreshing Page" never completes. It seems to be tied to his scripts and he needs some information from others to help troubleshoot. This is the information he needs per @Jack Yaz

Router model
firmware version
browser
browser version
add ons /extensions in browser
(testing in incognito mode or equivalent will also be sufficient, to rule out a conflict)

Router model - Asus RT-86U
firmware version 384.11 alpha 4
browser Chrome Version (Official Build) (64-bit)
browser version Version 74.0.3729.108
Same issue while running chrome incognito

Router. RT-AC86U
Firmware. 384.11_alpha4
Browser. Chrome 64 bit / version (official build) 74.0.3729.108
Add ons. RoboForm, AdGuard & ExpressVPN
Incognito. Fails to finish applying settings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Router RT-AX88U
FW 384.10_2/384.11 alpha 4
Browser Firefox
Version 66.03

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
N66 - 380.7
AC 86 - 384.10.2

Chrome Browser 73.0.3683.103 64 bit
Extensions Ad Block, Fire Shot, Nimbus, Honey, McAffe web advisor (only Ad Block enabled in incognito mode )

Results are the same for both routers and in the incognito mode . Page refresh required.

I should also have probably asked earlier ..is it specific webui pages on the router that exhibit this, or any that usually bring up the loading dialog?

For me it is anything that I try to save in WebGuI and the screen is usually stuck in that state unless I refresh my browser (Safari or Chrome).

Also on the VPN Client page, I used to see incremental progress made by percentage when saving changes but that is no longer the case.

The only time I see “percentage” progress is when I reboot the router. I pretty much have to refresh my browser each time when I try to to save any changes I make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed it on just about every page. I say just about because I tweaked a name on the network map listing by changing a name and hitting apply there. Change took...noticed that the apply option there didn't "take over" the whole screen when clicking applied like other pages though.

Can people please zip and send me the custom_ files my scripts create in jffs/scripts? I'm yet to find any obvious cause (from what i can see vis my phone anyway, no Internet til tomorrow /Tuesday in new house :()

Router model - Asus RT-AX88U
Firmware version 384.11 Beta 1, and 384.10.2
Same issue while running current version of Firefox, or Chrome. Incognito as well.

If I uninstall NTPMerlin the problem doesn't occur anymore. It's not on specific pages. It happens on any page when doing the loading countdown while applying changes.

Can people please zip and send me the custom_ files my scripts create in jffs/scripts? I'm yet to find any obvious cause (from what i can see vis my phone anyway, no Internet til tomorrow /Tuesday in new house :()

Here you go! I hope it helps! Thank you for looking into this!

The forum wouldn't let me attach the file so I put it on Dropbox for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwjn4mqwb1pj489/Custom files.zip?dl=0

Congrats on the new house. :)

Same issue while running current version of Firefox, or Chrome. Incognito as well.

If I uninstall NTPMerlin the problem doesn't occur anymore. It's not on specific pages. It happens on any page when doing the loading countdown while applying changes.

exactly same here

exactly same here

Was that the only script you have of @Jack Yaz installed??

If ntpmerlin is the only one of my scripts that you use, can you please try updating it to the new version (no version change), and then run
Code:
ntpmerlin startup
and try again please?
I works fine, thank you for your hard work.:)

If ntpmerlin is the only one of my scripts that you use, can you please try updating it to the new version (no version change), and then run
Code:
ntpmerlin startup
and try again please?

That did the trick! Works like a charm!

Thank you!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!