What's new

post mount not executing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aris

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I'm new to the lovely Merlin N66U firmware having upgraded from a very old Linksys (pre-cisco) WRT-54g running DD-wrt. The merlin port is fantastic work!

I'm trying to make use of the CIFS client - and it works, but I don't seem to be able to get it to run from the post-mount user script.

jffs was formatted, rebooted, and I created a fresh post-mount script:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 admin root 120 Oct 15 12:14 post-mount

#!/bin/sh
mount \\\\192.168.1.155\\media /cifs1 -t cifs -o "username=guest,password=guest"

This script works quite fine if I execute it from the command-line:

./post-mount

When I reboot - it doesn't seem to be executed at all. I put a small test it it:

echo "test" > /jffs/test.txt

The test file was not created, but when I execute manually - it is.

I'm running:

3.0.0.4.374.33 (Merlin build)

I note in the release notes there was a regression some time back where it did not execute - has this come back?

Any other hints appreciated! I'd prefer not to mount manually each time :)

Thanks

Do you have any USB disk plugged in? post-mount gets executed after a USB disk is mounted.

Hi,

No - I don't. Where would the best place be then to put the this CIFS mount with no USB disk?

Also - is it possible to use the N66U DLNA with a CIFS mounted filesystem? The GUI seems to want a USB disk connected.

Hi,

No - I don't. Where would the best place be then to put the this CIFS mount with no USB disk?

Also - is it possible to use the N66U DLNA with a CIFS mounted filesystem? The GUI seems to want a USB disk connected.

I would put it in services-start, which should be late enough in the boot process for the network subsystem to be up. It would probably generate harmless errors too if you do any operation causing services-start to be re-executed, unless you made your script check first if the mount point is already mounted.

No idea about DLNA over CIFS. Certainly not officially, you will have to try, and manually adjust the minidlna path as well since the webui only allows paths within /mnt/ .