What's new

Power LED is slowly blinking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cfdenice

Occasional Visitor
I just got this router (rt-ac66u) just 4 hrs ago and already I somehow screwed it up.
The installation started out ok. Configured the network then it said that there was a newer fw, so I said yes install that. All went ok. I was reviewing the final config and saw the I need to change my time zone and when I did that , it just hung at a reboot or revert back to previous fw message screen. I clicked on reboot, but after several minutes I realized nothing was happening so I attempted to reset the router. Now I have a blinking blue power light.

From what I can figure the blinking blue power means it's in recovery mode? How do I recover? I can't get back to the installation. When I try to get to 192.168.1.1 nothing happens. The reset button doesn't reset. All I see is the blinking blue power button.
Can anything be done at this point to it working?

TIA

I just got this router (rt-ac66u) just 4 hrs ago and already I somehow screwed it up.
The installation started out ok. Configured the network then it said that there was a newer fw, so I said yes install that. All went ok. I was reviewing the final config and saw the I need to change my time zone and when I did that , it just hung at a reboot or revert back to previous fw message screen. I clicked on reboot, but after several minutes I realized nothing was happening so I attempted to reset the router. Now I have a blinking blue power light.

From what I can figure the blinking blue power means it's in recovery mode? How do I recover? I can't get back to the installation. When I try to get to 192.168.1.1 nothing happens. The reset button doesn't reset. All I see is the blinking blue power button.
Can anything be done at this point to it working?

TIA

Download the latest firmware from Asus's website, and run the Firmware Recovery tool that can be found on the Support CD (you can also download it from their site if you lost your CD). That will allow you to reflash your router without having to fiddle with your network settings (which would be required if trying to use the built-in mini Web server accessible while in recovery).

Hi,
Do a 30-30-30 reset and use utility CD to reload F/W. It is almost impossible to brick this router and go at it slow. Looks like you did not wait long enough for the router to finish update/reboot, about 5 mins. or so. I usually go away when update takes place for a coffee to let it have enough time. Another way is to use TFTP.

Thank you both (RMerlin and TonyH) I think I got things all straightened out now.
Just one more question about something I found strange. After I tested my configuration I went back into the router to make some minor adjustments. I found that some of the field entries from before were blanked out. I've attached some screenshots to show what I mean. This didn't look right to me so I didn't make or save any new changes. After looking at the screenshots do I have a problem or is that normal?

Thanks again

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,015
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,235
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,364

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!