What's new

PPoE WAN speed drop after disabling NAT Accelerator

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kecikz207

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Asus RT-AC5300, 2 unit mesh. Both currently running Merlin 386.3 firmware version. after install the firmware, i run factory restore and initialize all the setting.
Aimesh setup is using Ethernet as back-haul and wireless mode using "5GHz Smart Connect". I subscribe to ISP with 800mbps speed, using PPoE., (Malaysia - TM Unifi). doing the speed test when connected via wired, it can achieved 800mbps (plus minus). Network Protection is turned on.

So i need to enable Parental controls. so below is my problem.

for devices connected to 2.4GHz, when i enable time scheduling, they cannot get internet even the on the time schedule the device can have internet, so i have to disable the time scheduling for internet access. this also affect other device connected to 2.4GHz (with no scheduling) where their internet somehow slow but devices connected to 5GHz have no issues at all.
So it is recommended to disable NAT Acceleration for more precise scheduling control. but what happen is, the internet speed test with wired connected device now dropped to 350mbps only. not just that, internet connectivity also become unstable to all devices, sometimes netflix lost connection, working VPN disconnected. not only happened to 5GHz devices, much worst for 2.4GHz.

next i switch the router role (Aimesh router becomes main router), folow the same step but the problem is still persist.

hence, much appreciate to help me on this matters.

the internet speed test with wired connected device now dropped to 350mbps only

This is a CPU limitation with NAT acceleration disabled. What Asus didn't tell you is your router is Gigabit capable only in specific configurations. Anything incompatible with NAT acceleration makes it up to 350Mbps router. No consumer router can do Gigabit with NAT acceleration disabled.

This is a CPU limitation with NAT acceleration disabled. What Asus didn't tell you is your router is Gigabit capable only in specific configurations. Anything incompatible with NAT acceleration makes it up to 350Mbps router. No consumer router can do Gigabit with NAT acceleration disabled.
I see, so if i plan to change to latest asus router, is the issue is still the same?
i plan to replaced with XT8 if it resolve the matter

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!