What's new

Pptp connection behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Facsi

Occasional Visitor
Hi. I have setup a pptp server on my asus router. Initially i thought that it was not working because it was not connecting from outside. i have a docsis modem from my isp in front of my router. If i connect to its wifi i can login on my pptp connection. I have forwarded 1723 but i couldnt do it to GRE port
I stopped trying to make it work but left everything activated. Another day i tried connecting from another place, but using the same isp and the connection was successful.
My question is if it is possible to do something to make it work outside that isp. I dont know if is a misconfiguration or a restriction from isp or gre port forwarding. Tks

You don't forward any ports when setting up the Asus router's PPTP server. Or is your modem also a router and you are talking about that?

You don't forward any ports when setting up the Asus router's PPTP server. Or is your modem also a router and you are talking about that?
You are correct. I forgot to mention it is a modem/router. Both are working as routers.
Internet -> 192.168.0.1 isp router -> 192.168.1.1 asus router.