What's new

PPTP Site-to-site issue...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshua Price

Occasional Visitor
I have 2 RT-AC68 routers. The server side is running the latest Merlin software. The second, client side, is using advancedtomato's latest version.
The reason for pptp is due to needing the client side to have a server side IP range to access the WD Cloud drive without having to setup or maintain a vpn on each computer / device.

The server uses 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0, has a vpn set range of x.x.x.225-245.

The client uses 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0... The client router ping tool can ping 192.168.1.1, but nothing behind the server router. Also on the client side of the router, no computer on this side can ping 192.168.1.1 directly. If I use windows pptp client I can access everything on the server side. So it seems as though the routing table for the server side isn't getting passed through to the client side. Also, the server side router can't ping either 192.168.0.1 or the 192.168.1.225 that the client router is using...

Is there a command to use in the server/client that can get the routing tables to work?

Thanks,
Josh

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!