What's new

pre-mount fsck not flagging drive as clean

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skeal

Part of the Furniture
Most scan tools run from a encounter with a dirty bit setting the drive to be checked. Flagging.

This script runs but fails to clear the flag asking for scan, or some systems say too many mounts counted needs fsck run on next boot.

If you're trying to report a problem you'll need to provide some more information. Like router model, firmware version, log files, error messages, filesystem type, filesystem size, etc.

If you're trying to report a problem you'll need to provide some more information. Like router model, firmware version, log files, error messages, filesystem type, filesystem size, etc.

Router model RT-AC68U
F/W 380.65_2
Error Message: drive has reached maximum mounts should be checked with e2fsck
File System EXT4
2 Drives mounted: 32 gig and 64 gig usb 3 sticks
Scan log says: Scan complete no problems were found
If I use this script it runs everytime I reboot. Sometimes for no apparent reason. At least none is listed? This complicates service starts that require the drive contents to be mounted. It is the 32 gig drive that holds all the programming for scripts and a small 250meg swap. I have considered whiping the drive and shrinking it's size to maybe 2gig. This would be plenty big enough. If I leave the rest of the stick not partitioned or formatted I would expect a faster scan. That is where I am with this.

Error Message: drive has reached maximum mounts should be checked with e2fsck
Where are you seeing this message, in the syslog? If so, can you post that section of the syslog, including the lines before and after the message.
If I use this script it runs everytime I reboot.
Sorry, what script are you referring to? It's possible I don't have that in the firmware version I use.

Where are you seeing this message, in the syslog? If so, can you post that section of the syslog, including the lines before and after the message.
Sorry, what script are you referring to? It's possible I don't have that in the firmware version I use.

OK it was my fault.....when the check started it was never completed so it couldn't have changed the mount counter. I let it sit and scan because basically these drives have not been scanned so it ran on both of my drives. When it completed I rebooted again and it booted normally. Sorry it was lack of patience that caused this post. My humble apologies sir!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!