What's new

Preparing to reinstall Orbi RBR40 plus two RBW30...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
A neighbor has asked me to help reinstall their Orbi RBR40 router plus two wireless RBW30 satellites (may only need one satellite). I'm unfamilar with the Orbi system and I'm in the information gathering stage. This is to ask if this equipment is worth the effort, and if there are any critical considerations to be aware of. I would prefer using a wired PC and the equipment webUI for admin, if possible. Thanks for any tips and clues.

OE

Have you asked Bing ChatGPT?

Worth the effort depends on the compensation or 'feels' your time is worth if you can get it going for them or not.

No, I'm as busy as I wanna be with human hallucinations.

Worth the effort depends on the compensation or 'feels' your time is worth if you can get it going for them or not.

Given it's an existing WiFi5 network that has served more or less for some years, I figure it deserves a reconfiguration in the interest of saving money, buying time, and to tailor advice for a suitable forklift upgrade the owner can trust and manage, which I'm hoping is the only hard part of all of this. But I have my doubts... if any Netgear/Orbi nonsense, I'll wrap it up and be better positioned to help with a new network.

OE

Iunno if you figured this out, but starting with a CLEAN slate is key and patience. Let each device boot all the way up until it stops flashing white, factory reset each device by holding down the reset button until the green light blinks orange, for the rbw the halo up top will blink orange. Let the devices start backup again. use the orbi app to setup.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!