What's new

Prevent bypassing AGH DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jayz

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone asking your advice and help.

Nood Question, is there a any way to prevent bypassing my AGH DNS, my goal is to used only the AGH DNS, so even if i manually configured the DNS on every devices to used specific DNS ex: 8.8.8.8, they still get filtered by AGH, in short I am looking for a way to prevent bypassing my own private DNS (AGH.)

The solution I found after visiting many forums is to force all the DNS traffic through port 53 of the router. This forces all the network traffic to use the router's DNS settings.

I couldn't find any solution on how to implement this in my Asus AX5400 (merlin firmware 388.2_2_0-gnuton1_tuf ). How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Does Gnuton have a “DNS Director” tab in the LAN section of the GUI?

Then that should be enough if AGH is running on your router.

Historically, DNS traffic uses port 53, and you can easily intercept all such traffic. There are, however, newer end-runs on that against which you may very well be helpless. Try also port 853 traffic.

Historically, DNS traffic uses port 53, and you can easily intercept all such traffic. There are, however, newer end-runs on that against which you may very well be helpless.
Yeah, i disallowed the port 53 for both UDP and TCP on my router and test to change one of my devices DNS (ex: google DNS 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1) and AGH still works, however using VPN it gets bypassed anyway that's fine.

Thanks for the reply appreciated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!