What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
As before, I will be occasionally uploading pre-beta test builds to the https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds folder.

As a reminder, these are early test builds, which have received very limited testing. They are still work-in-progress, so things can be broken, and things will change before reaching the beta stage.

As usual, no support is provided for these test builds, and no ETA either.

I do not see any pretest builds 384 in Test Folder on Onedrive .Only 382 alpha.
Maybe i am too soon :)

Edit : Yep! I was too soon, sorry! :oops:

Last edited:
As before, I will be occasionally uploading pre-beta test builds to the https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds folder.

As a reminder, these are early test builds, which have received very limited testing. They are still work-in-progress, so things can be broken, and things will change before reaching the beta stage.

As usual, no support is provided for these test builds, and no ETA either.
Am I asking to early? I don't see any test files in the folder link above.

I do not see any pretest builds 384 in Test Folder on Onedrive .Only 382 alpha.
Maybe i am too soon :)

I haven't done any builds after bumping revision to 384 because it wasn't ready yet. But the latest 382.3 alpha build for the RT-AC3200 is based on 384_10007 GPL.

Yeah sorry, someone posted that they were already using a 384.3 test build. I realized afterwards that it was compiled from source and not by RMerlin.

So does this mean AiMesh will be included under this release?
And what does it mean for supporting 3 branches!? I read various posts, and it sounds like you are abandoning 382 branch in favour of 384?
Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere but couldn’t find a definitive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks scjr

I just invested in more Asus routers (naively) assuming AiMesh would make it into Merlin.

From a personal point of view, if the only thing that ends up not working is firmware updates I couldn’t give a monkeys! I’d rather have AiMesh and manual f/w updates! I’m sure there may be other things too though.

Thanks scjr

I just invested in more Asus routers (naively) assuming AiMesh would make it into Merlin.

From a personal point of view, if the only thing that ends up not working is firmware updates I couldn’t give a monkeys! I’d rather have AiMesh and manual f/w updates! I’m sure there may be other things too though.

If I don’t do AiMesh in future, I’ll most likely run Merlin when he releases the first few stable betas.

If the code is closed source, really not much Merlin can do. Maybe Asus should take note how important Merlin’s firmware is in driving business their way and work with him on AiMesh? Don’t know how realistic that is though. cc: @arthurlien :)

Reactions: JDB
If I don’t do AiMesh in future, I’ll most likely run Merlin when he releases the first few stable betas.

If the code is closed source, really not much Merlin can do. Maybe Asus should take note how important Merlin’s firmware is in driving business their way and work with him on AiMesh? Don’t know how realistic that is though. cc: @arthurlien :)

For sure if the reasons for not including it come down to a couple of things they could easily make open source controllable (f/w update code for example) I’d be disappointed if they didn’t.

As you say, a lot of people use Merlin’s releases and have stayed loyal to and recommended Asus because of it. Not to mention the enhancements they have merged back into stock!!

For sure if the reasons for not including it come down to a couple of things they could easily make open source controllable (f/w update code for example) I’d be disappointed if they didn’t.

As you say, a lot of people use Merlin’s releases and have stayed loyal to and recommended Asus because of it. Not to mention the enhancements they have merged back into stock!!

You’re a perfect example. Buying more Asus routers, because of Merlin firmware.

Thanks scjr

I agree 1000%. I just deployed AiMesh using four (4) RT-AC68U routers (actually reflashed TM-AC1900 refurbs) at my church -- I have wired 1Gb Ethernet feeding the three "remote" nodes. The ability to easily add nodes (simply factory reset new node, and search/add from "main" router) and manage from a single router is absolutely amazing. Performance appears to be excellent, too!

That being said, I am anxious to return to the Merlin builds as soon as possible.

You’re a perfect example. Buying more Asus routers, because of Merlin firmware.

Stock firmware literally doesn’t work with my ISP as I need DHCP option 60/61.
But since then I’ve gone on to rely on countless other Merlin related enhancements (mainly lots of entware packages).
My router even controls my fish tank lighting now!

I was thinking of staying with the stock version (3.0.0.4.384.10007), until the release of the new Merlin firmware (384.3). Do you believe that it is the best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.